Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Schmoozing

It's the one thing that makes my job tough - the need to schmooze. Schmoozing is one thing I can do if I have to, but I sure don't like it. However, I have realized that I'm not going to build my business sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring - I actually have to go out and network.

So I went to the Leduc Chamber of Commerce lunch today and it was actually pretty good. Not much time for schmoozing, so that was a bonus, and the food was very good. We had a speaker from Economic Development Edmonton informing us that we are technically out of the recession, so all is good in the world....right?? I guess if we say it often enough, it might come true.

I'm glad I went - received a framed certificate as a new member, and met a couple of nice people, but it's definitely out of my comfort zone. On December 9th if I'm feeling the need for a good lunch, I may even go again. It's better than hanging out in my pajamas, I suppose (?!?).

No comments:

Post a Comment