Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Miss My Buddies!

It's been a few weeks since I've been to the Mustard Seed - last week we were in Canmore and the week before I was studying for my PT exam (I passed with 94% - why was I worried?). However, it's been calling me....I almost went for New Year's Eve, but then thought it wouldn't be wise to drive home at 100 in the morning. I miss those guys - Stewart, Georgie, Sean, Alice, Helen, and I wonder how Paul and JJ did in court, trying to get their kids back. I think about them all the time, and fantasize about buying a Brownstone condo down on 98th avenue so that I could pop into the inner city any time I wanted. Maybe it's just not my time now, not yet, but I can do my Tuesday night work and be content with that.

I'm taking a friend tonight - she wants to see what we do there in the evenings, so it should be fun to have her there. If we have lots of volunteers, there will be lots of time to chat, to sit, to drink tea...I wonder if she'll see it in the same way I do, the shimmering of 96th street as I turn from Jasper Avenue, my heart jumping and my stomach full of butterflies, driving in anticipation of the evening. It will be interesting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment