Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Birds

I sat down at the computer to write a blog entry, and in the computer screen's reflection I could see that there were birds flying past our window. I thought - are they crazy - it's -45 with a wind chill!! The flights were becoming more frequent, so I stood up to see what was going on, and there were HUUNDREDS of these birds flying around, landing in the trees, perching, chirping, for some reason not realizing how cold it is outside. They are perched on our roof, perched on the neighbour's roof, and are sitting in half a dozen trees from our house down a couple of doors.

I don't know what kind of birds they are; their tail feathers are orange underneath and then the tip is bright yellow. They seem to be a pretty fat bird - maybe they are from the north, trying to escape the Arctic chills?

All I know right now is that it's a little crazy out there - I took some video footage but I don't dare open the door since I'm sure at least one would fly in - there are that many birds out there!!
Besides, I don't want them to poop on my head.

Miraculous little creatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment