Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm Back!

I've had a few mental issues when it comes to exercise; logically, my body should be healed and be able to withstand some stress, but I've worried about pain, worried about hurting myself and ending up back in the hospital, so I've kept my exercise very low key: walking, yoga, occasional weight sessions with my trainer, but nothing had core.

But that has now come to an end!

There is a fitness studio right by Matthew's gymnastics centre, and they had a class running from 1000 to 1100, the same time as Matthew's class. The class was called "Weights and Stuff". Sounded okay, not too strenuous. I e-mailed the instructor, told her my story, and she replied that it might not be too challenging of a class, but it would help me get back on track. So, I was expecting a fluffy, lightweight class, one I could handle, to ease me back into things.

Needless to say, my expectations of the class were out to lunch!!

We did some kettlebell work, some kickboxing stuff, and lots of muscular endurance activities. It was WAY harder than I was expecting, but I DID IT, and I don't feel sore or sick, and I can't wait until the next class!!

I probably shouldn't jump back into six days a week of hardcore, but at least I know that I can do these classes once in a while and I'm on my way back to health and fitness!!

YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment