Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Improvement

Since I'll probably (hopefully) look back at my yoga progress with chuckles, I thought I should comment on the improvement I noticed in my second Warm Yin Yoga class.  Last week our first pose was a wide-legged child's pose, knees apart towards the outsides of the mat, leaning forward with forehead down and arms stretched out.  I couldn't last the entire pose without bringing my knees together - it was to much for my hips to be in that wide pose for that long.

However, this past Sunday I managed to stay down in child's pose for the duration!  Near the end I had to employ some breathing techniques (thanks Joyce!), but I made it.  Joyce (my yoga instructor) also commented this morning that she can see my hips opening a bit....yay - I love to see progress!

Interestingly, since Joyce has been receiving complaints about her Yin poses, she didn't do any this morning, and I felt out of sorts for the entire hour.  There must be something about Yin that grounds me for the day....I'll have to look into that.  I've ordered a book on Yin - should go well with my Essential Ayurveda book.  Speaking of which, it's from that book that I found the best advice ever:

Do less
Be more

No comments:

Post a Comment