Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WHAT NEXT?

School's out, the kids went to visit their grandparents for a couple of days, and Scott and I decided to go out for supper. Little did we know that while we were gone, a rainstorm like no other would descend upon Devon. When we arrived home our backyard was half filled with water and the sump was going off every ten minutes. As I was talking to my mom on the phone, I heard a commotion in the basement, things banging, more than the usual Scott noise.

I got off the phone and he took me to Matthew's bedroom, where the carpet was soaked. Luckily, the water was limited to the carpet, but we're now spending what was supposed to be a relaxing night without the kids ripping up carpet and shop-vaccing water off of the cement floor.

Good luck sleeping tonight - I think I should just plan an all-nighter.

I just don't get it. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment