Monday, June 7, 2010

Ezekiel Bread

I had always heard how healthy this bread is, but only recently discovered that it has beans and lentils in addition to the bunch of different grains. My friend Melisa and I made a bunch of loaves tonight, using her electric flour mill to crush whole grains and beans into fine flour. I am so excited to have another super food to eat! I'm planning to go out and buy my own mill so that I can create pure flour to use for baking - I haven't been this excited in a long time!

As I read more about this bread, I learned that the four grains, combined with lentils and beans, together form a complete protein with 18 amino acids. This protein is 83% as healthy as the protein found in milk and eggs - how amazing is that. It made me take a new look at Ezekiel 4:9, and realize that the recipe for the bread was spelled out in God's own words, thousands of years ago. No scientist would have known back then that this combination of foods would have produced a complete protein...other than the Greatest Scientist of All!

It seems that everywhere I look I see further evidence of His amazing work...it's becoming more difficult to deny the more time I spend in His Word.

If only more people would just look - it's so easy to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment