Friday, December 11, 2009

Mama's Little Baby Loves Shortenin' Bread

I have spent a good chunk of the morning making shortbread cookies for my grandma. Once of my favorite memories of Christmas was running into grandma's house and there would be a coffee container full of shortbread in the freezer. They were even delicious when frozen! Grandma hasn't baked at Christmas for a few years now, and I thought it might bring some nice Christmas spirit back into the house. She could serve them to the ladies at coffee, or she and grandpa can nibble on them over tea and a crossword puzzle.

It's tough seeing grandparents get older, but I'm so fortunate to still have three grandparents, and two who are close by. We can't ever take them for granted, because they won't be around forever, and then all we will have left are the memories of shortbread cookies at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment