Friday, October 30, 2009

The Sugar Hangover

Boy oh boy I felt like crap yesterday! On Wednesday night, for some unknown reason, I decided to consume half a box of cookies and a litre of ginger ale right before bed. When I woke up on Thursday morning, I felt like a truck had run over my head and it was POUNDING. Besides that, I also felt pretty sick to my stomach. Yes, I could have blamed it on H1N1, since half the town has that illness, but deep down I had to admit it...I was HUNGOVER! I was never one to get huge alcohol hangovers when I was younger, but if I drank beyond the age of 30, I wasn't feeling too hot. They always said it was because of the sugar in the pop/beer, and it makes sense, because the couple of times I drank almost pure alcohol (gin gimlets...yummy!), there were no issues whatsoever the next day.

So all day yesterday I was yelling at myself that it was my own fault that I felt so crappy, much like the day after partying WAY too much...except that I didn't smell like smoke. I don't drink anymore, and haven't for years, since it's not worth feeling crappy the next day. Could I have finally made this connection with crappy food. Not sure...doubt it...but I can always hope. I just know that today all I want to eat is spinach and drink lots of water. I'm sure it will only last until I have forgotten the horror that was yesterday and hear some chocolate pie calling my name.....

No comments:

Post a Comment