Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Jacket

When I was about 16 our so, my mom and dad bought me and my sister new ski jackets for Christmas.  Mine was pink and very bright, and I didn't really like it, but I wore it because it was very warm.  My sister's was purple and didn't zip all the way down, but was kind of a pullover style.  When she moved out to the much warmer west coast I adopted the jacket and wore it quite often through my adult years.

Finally, about 4 or 5 years ago, I decided to buy a new winter jacket, mainly because we were at Mark's in the fall and they had their previous year's jackets on sale for about $30.  The catch was that they were pretty small jackets, which is probably why they were left over, but I am a pretty small person, so I took advantage.

We gave my sister's old jacket to the church, and I wonder if it somehow made its way into the goodwill bin (although I surely would have though someone would have bought it - it was a good jacket).  I wonder, because there is a man who comes into the Mustard Seed every week with the EXACT same coat on.  I know that coat inside and out, and it is definitely the same coat - maybe not my coat, because there were likely many of that style made, but I wonder.....

And I am so glad he has it, because it is getting colder, and that jacket is so warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment