Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spiritual gift...or spiritual curse?

I'm struggling right now with my business - it's just tax preparation, so how much emotion could be involved in that? Lots, I am finding out. From the 52 year old divorced trucker to the lady who has just started a framing business, I find myself thinking about them far too often. I want them to think highly of me, so I put in so much extra effort to give them great service. But at what cost? I can't sleep, I'm always trying to think of ways to help them, and I feel guilty handing them a bill. Sometimes I feel like I should be doing a lot of this out of the goodness of my heart, but then I have to remind myself that I need to pay my mortgage and keep food on the table. Then I think that if they just would have called someone else, they probably would have received the same product (although not necessarily the same great service!) for a far lesser price. How crazy is that?

In a way I envy my former co-workers who could rattle through tax returns and couldn't care less about their clients (and often had never even met them!). But, I guess that's not me - I'm just going to have to deal with the fact that I care about everyone who crosses my path.

This is going to be a long two months!

1 comment:

  1. Jo, I am so appreciative that you care! This is our first year where I have gotten the privilege of just dropping off our stuff and not worrying. I know that my information is safe with you and that you will do everything in your power to benefit us in the best way. This will be the first year that I will not have to wonder whether something was missed or not. This will be the first year that I will receive a true smile and not a painted on face that is fake and forced. I love how you have helped us and so many others. That in itself worth the money that you deserve.

    Thanks JO

    ReplyDelete